07 December 2014

Small things large happiness

Hiiee!

They say you should capture the happiness life gives in little things. I saw an innocent example of that and it made me very happy. So, I thought of writing it here!

In front of my PG, there is a small hut. There are two school going kids - a boy in UKG and an even younger girl. Everyday when I go to office, I see them going to school. I see the hurry in their house, their parents tying up their shoe laces, packing the lunch and then rushing them off to school. When I come back in the evening, I see boy studying under the street light in front of their home. I admire how these parents make it a point to send their kids to a nearby school with such a limited income and how kids come home and complete the studies. The girl had a proper school bag and everything but the boy used to carry his books in a bag made up of sack. I told this to my brother and he generously offered to give the kid one of the backpacks he had. I got it to Hyd and when I gave it to the kid, the happiness on his face knew no bounds! Everyone to whom I showed his picture to, had a bright smile on their faces too. He did not know much of Hindi/English and he could not understand my Telugu :P... so I did not get his Name but here goes the picture with his new bag! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Text message inspiration :P

23 years of life have thought me enough to know friends are precious! :) And I am thankful to have best of the lot! One winter day, one of ...