10 February 2010

Wingingdreams...?? why this n wats this?


Hi.. welcome to my blog. I always wanted to start my blog with first post related to IIT ann now specially IITkgp.. but this doesn't seem a good idea at this time...for 2 reasons- 1: I have something else to say and 2: I have nothing apt to tell/say about IITkgp at the moment.. and my blog name...why is it wingingdreams?? and those who know me..you must be knowing that I name many things as 'wingingdreams'.. and I know you will like to know 'why?' So, let me tell.. or better say let me make you like this 'wingingdreams' and bring you the feel of it...
So, here goes my first post...

You can wing their dreams…


He dared to dream
And believed in it too
But had many things to worry about..
His family, his brother
Whom he had dreamed of teaching
Yeah…this was his dream
Sounded senseless to many
Sounded least important to his family
But he knew,
His bro’s life…no..not like his
He will teach him and one day
Brother will earn living for family
He strived hard, tried everything
Tried in government schools
But could see no future there
Tried in private school
But had no fat pocket
So had to turn back
At last found one
School fees ate all salary
But that was fine
Unfortunately he failed to realize
Going to school was just not enough
He needed books
But had empty pocket
His brother learned nothing
His dream was still as far as it was few years ago…
Money went, dream still a dream
Brother’s life became like his
Nothing went correct and nobody helped
They lived as they could
Few years later
He fell ill
Was helpless and life incomplete..
Alas… he died…unhappy, unsatisfied with life,
But his dream didn’t
It is still alive.. in eyes of many such brothers
Who need you
They cannot do it on their own
Help them in any way you can
Take a step. Go. They are waiting…

4 comments:

  1. Its just awesome, I really like it.Good work, all the best........

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully written!!
    gud start...looking 4ward 2 reading mor of ur wks ... kudos 2 u!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gr8 start rujuta
    hoping to see more things in the future
    keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome. i didn't know u were such a good poet.

    ReplyDelete

Text message inspiration :P

23 years of life have thought me enough to know friends are precious! :) And I am thankful to have best of the lot! One winter day, one of ...